Dizziness is a common problem that everyone might face once in life. It is a sensation of headache, unsteady balance or loss of balance which might lead to fainting. Dizziness that is filled with spinning feeling is called vertigo that can be distinguished with non – specific light headache.
This is not a disease however it is considered as a symptom of some other health problems such as low blood pressure, neurological disorders, heart muscle disease, allergies, anemia, hypoglycemia, ear infections, heat stroke, migraines, vision-related disorders, head injuries and anxiety disorders. Plus, some other causes of this problems are dehydration, stress, hormonal changes, motion sickness and excessive exercises.
Dizziness can be accompanied by some factors such as vision changes, headaches, blind spot, and false sense of motion as well as slow or irregular heart rate. Sometimes, dizziness can lead to a ringing noise inside ears, weakness, chest pain, nausea, paleness and vomiting.
There are many home remedies that can help you treat dizziness quickly and safely. Nonetheless if the symptoms increase and worsen by time, chances you need to see a doctor is high.
This is considered as one of the best method to get rid of dizziness. It can offer a sufficient amount of oxygen to the lung, the brain and other components in your body which subsequently ease the nervous system and lower dizziness.
• Sit down in a comfortable position
• Put one hand on your tummy area, another hand against your nostril
• Close your mouth
• Inhale gradually by your open nostril and fill your belly with air
• Hold the breath
• Close nostrils
• Purse your lips
• After about 3 – 4 seconds, exhale gradually and extract hair from the belly
• Repeat the process for at least 10 times
• Sit quietly for 5 minutes to breathe normally.
Do you know that hunger or low blood sugar level is another common cause for this health problems too? Particularly those suffer from diabetics might be more prone to dizziness as well. Therefore, once you suspect the symptoms of dizziness, you should eat something. Indeed, it is a brilliant idea to avoid remaining hungry for a long time when you are more prone to this health issue.
• Consume a pack of snack that contain high carbohydrates such as chocolate bar or a banana
• Consume any water that is high in water content (watermelon)
• Yoghurt can do the trick as well
• Roasted nuts such as almonds or cashew will be another good option.
Lemon contains vitamin C that can significantly promote immune system and help the body to prevent illness. Moreover, some other nutrients found in lemon can make lemon a natural energizing agent. Lemon can hydrate the body to always keep you refreshed and energized.
• Take the juice from ½ lemon into a cup of water
• Add some sugar
• Consume it to get an instant relief of dizziness.
• Alternatively, add some lemon juice, black pepper powder and some salt to a cup of water.
• Consume the mixture 3 times a day as necessary.
Dehydration is one of the most common cause for dizziness. This can be caused by drinking insufficient amount of water or drink less water for a long period of time or failing to rehydrate yourself after exercises. Plus, dehydration can be the consequences of vomiting, diarrhea which can lead to massive fluid loss. Therefore, in order to keep dizziness at bay, it is necessary to keep hydration by drinking sufficient amount of water throughout the day.
Instead of water, you might want to drink herbal tea which is extremely healthy, broths or soups as well as fruit juices. You can get rid of oral thursh by water.
Ginger is another very effective home remedy for nausea and dizziness. It can regulate the blood flow to the brain and other components of the body that can reduce the intensity of dizziness.
• Chew a tiny slice of fresh ginger root
• You chew some ginger candies to get rid of dizziness.
• You can drink some ginger tea or ginger ale several times on a daily basis to prevent dizziness
• Alternatively, you can take ginger supplements after seeing doctor.
Amla which is called Indian gooseberry is a common Ayurvedic remedy for dizziness. It contains high amount of vitamin A, C which can promote immune system, support blood circulation and prevent and treat dizziness.
• Grind 2 Indian Gooseberry to form a paste
• Add some coriander seeds and put the paste into a cup of water
• Let it sit overnight
• Next morning, strain it and consume that water
• Repeat the process for several times a day.