There are so many habits you are used to. You even do them everyday, which end up causing damage to your eyes. Well it's not too late to stop these habits. To keep your eyes healthy you need to be careful about some certain things you do.
So in today's article I'm going to be listing out six daily habits that are dangerous to the human eyes.
- Keep your laptop away Staring at your laptop all day makes your eye tired and dry. It best to keep your laptop 15 to 20 inches away from your eyes. Also, give some rest to your eyes every 20 minutes by looking at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Sunglass Your eyes also need to be guided just like your skin. You need to protect your eyes from the UV rays of the sun. Lengthen exposure to UV rays could be related to age-related macular degeneration and damage to the retina. Ensure you put on a sunglass when next you go out in the sun. It best to use a sunglass with 99% UV protection.
- Sleeping with your contact lenses You may feel lazy to remove your lenses after a long day and you feel it alright to sleep with contact lenses on. It is very dangerous to your eyes. Contact lens hinder the cornea of oxygen, nutrients and the lubrication it needs. This makes the eye dry and red the next morning.
- Don’t rub your eyes Whenever you rub your itchy eyes, you are only irritating the eyes even further. Rubbing your eyes could transfer virus or bacteria into your eyes which could lead to an infection. Next time you feel that itch splash some cold water on your eyes.
- Eyelashes Now this is for girls, eyelashes could make you look gorgeous but the glue on those artificial eyelashes can accumulate lot of debris. It best to avoid using them but if you must remove them as soon as you are in the house.
- Clean your make-up brushes Ensure you clean your make-up brushes at least once a month. Long usage of these brushes can accumulate bacteria that could lead to infection and probably cause conjunctivitis.
- SEE ALSO: Benefits And Side Effects Of Sunglasses
Most of these habits are actually what I pretty much do every single day. Like staring at my laptop which I pretty know ain't good for me. Sleeping with my contact lens, yeah I do that most times, it's not that I'm used to it, it's just that I do sleep off when reading or making research online. Most of you are wondering does this guy use lens, yeah I do only those who know me knows that. So read the article carefully and follow my instructions cos you won't want to be like me.
Let me know what you think about this post and also if you have any suggestions let me know at the comment section. Thanks for reading