It’s no secret that I love breakfast foods, I mean come on who doesn’t love brunch?! But lately I’ve been trying to swap out some of my sugary French toast and waffles for healthier alternatives. All while finding recipes that are still quick and easy! Here are some recipes that I found on Pinterest recently and I've been loving. Let me know how you like them if you try them out!
|recipe via pinterest credit: givemesomeoven|
EGG WHITE OMELETTE
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small jalepeno, thinly sliced and seeded (if desired), stem discarded
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- handful of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- 6 egg whites, whisked
- half an avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- chopped fresh cilantro
- crumbled cotija cheese
Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add jalapeno and onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and tomato and continue sautéing for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then transfer the mixture to a separate plate. Return pan to the stove, and reduce heat to medium. Add the whisked egg whites and cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are set and the bottom of the egg is golden. Remove from heat. Add the onion mixture, diced avocado, cilantro and cotija cheese to the egg white, and fold over to form the omelet. Serve warm, garnished with extra cilantro and cheese if desired.
|recipe via pinterest credit: baking-ginger.com|
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
- 1tsp Honey
- 3/4 Cup Blueberries (fresh/frozen)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Oats
- Place all the vanilla, oats, ilk, honey and half the blueberries into 1 large jar or 2 small jars.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Close the jar/s and place in the fridge overnight.
- Top with remaining blueberries and extra milk (optional) before serving.
|recipe via pinterest credit: thehealthyfoodie.com|
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN SHAKE
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ cup (120ml) whole milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 scoop (30g) chocolate flavored whey protein powder
- 8-10 ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in the container of your blender and process on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
|recipe via pinterest credit: twopeasandtheirpod.com|
- 2 slices bread (can use gluten-free bread)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Toast the bread. Spread cream cheese evenly on slices of bread.
- Mash half of the avocado and place mashed avocado evenly on slices of bread. Slice the other half of the avocado and place slices on top. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning and eat immediately.
What are your favourite breakfast recipes? Let me know in the comment section. See you in my next post XX